Traveler FAQs

Travel Therapy Allied Traveler Frequently Asked Questions

Have questions about becoming a travel therapist or traveling allied healthcare professional? Check out our travel therapy FAQs below.

How much experience do I need to be an Allied or Therapy traveler? 

Most travel therapy and allied travel companies require a minimum of one year recent experience however, some require more. It depends on the requirements the travel company is given by the hospital/facility for each assignment. Several travel staffing agencies are requesting new grad Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists.

How long are travel assignments?

Most travel therapy and allied travel assignments are 13 weeks in duration. Some may be as short as 8 weeks or as long as 52 weeks.

If I like my assignment, can I stay longer?

It depends. This is a great question for your travel recruiter. They love it when an allied or therapy traveler extends an assignment (and many offer bonuses for extending) but whether or not they are able to offer you an extension depends largely on the hospital/facility.

I am moving to another state, can a travel assignment help me cover the cost of relocation?

Many healthcare professionals embark on a travel assignment for the sole purpose of receiving financial assistance to make the move as well as get to know other healthcare professionals in the area.

Can my family join me on an assignment?

Most often yes. Please ask your travel recruiter for additional details.

What is the pay like for an allied and therapy traveler?

Traveling pays very well, but the amount of pay will of course vary between companies, geographical location and specialty area.

What disciplines are most needed?

For rehab travel therapy, the most needed disciplines are; PT – Physical Therapist, OT – Occupational Therapist, SLP – Speech Language Pathologist, PTA – Physical Therapist Assistant, COTA – Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant.  For allied travel, the most needed disciplines are; Respiratory Therapy – CRT – Certified Respiratory Therapist, RRT – Registered Respiratory Therapist, Surgical Services – Anesthesia Tech, Certified Surgical Tech, CVOR Tech, Endoscopy Tech, OR Tech, Sterile Processing Tech, Pharmacy – Pharmacist, Radiology – Cardiovascular Rad Tech, CT Technologist. Interventional Rad Tech, Limited Medical Radiological Tech, Mammographer, MRI Technician, Radiology Technologist, Ultrasound Technician, X-Ray Technician, Laboratory – Cytotechnologist, Dosimetrist, Histotech, Medical Laboratory Tech, Medical Technologist, Clinical Lab Scientist, Cardiology – Cath Lab Tech, Echo Tech, EEG Tech, EKG Tech, Monitor Tech, Vascular Tech.

By completing the Quick Profile at am I committing to an assignment?

No. Your Quick Profile is forwarded to our Travel Partners who will offer you a comprehensive selection of travel assignments and benefits from which you may choose. You are not required to accept an assignment with any of the companies who contact you.

I’m a Registered Nurse, can I submit my profile at

A This site is devoted to Allied travelers, however, you may visit our sister site devoted to traveling Registered Nurses:

Is a travel or staffing company?

No. The owners and team at and are nurses and former recruiters who have joined hands to simplify your search for a travel staffing company possessing the expertise to match your expectations.

Submit your Quick Profile!